Cooking fried okra : Cooking for newlyweds.
Cooking Fried Okra
- (Cooking/Frying) Frying is the cooking of food in oil or fat, a technique that originated in ancient Egypt around 2500 BC.Tannahill, Reay. Food in History. Three Rivers Press, 1995.
- long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant
- gumbo: long mucilaginous green pods; may be simmered or sauteed but used especially in soups and stews
- tall coarse annual of Old World tropics widely cultivated in southern United States and West Indies for its long mucilaginous green pods used as basis for soups and stews; sometimes placed in genus Hibiscus
- A plant of the mallow family with long ridged seedpods, native to the Old World tropics
- The immature seedpods of this plant eaten as a vegetable and also used to thicken soups and stews
Wash 200gm okra and pat dry with a kitchen towel (the okra must be dry otherwise it will turn out sticky). Chop the okra and keep aside.
Heat 2 tsp oil and add 1/2 tsp each of cumin and mustard seeds. When they stop crackling, add 1/4th tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 inch finely chopped ginger. Stir and add 3 chopped shallots. When the shallots turn translucent, add 1/2 tsp chilli powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala (curry powder) and mix. Add the okra and mix well. Cook uncovered until done.
Mom's Fried Okra
I don't even want to hear from one of you (no names are being named) about how so-and-so totally does a better fried okra and boy if I want to be embarassed for loving my mom's okra so much I should just stop on by 'cause he's about to cook up some okra and maybe we should even have some sort of okra-off and you better bring it and nuh-uh it's already been broughten.
This here is good stuff is what I'm trying to say.
cooking times for lamb roast
play free girls cooking games
cooking a whole chicken in a slow cooker
real life cooking games
cooking with curry powder
cooking classes bay area
beautiful cooking season 1
meaner than mama cooking game
- Category: None